PELVIC FLOOR HEALTH
The musculature of your pelvis creates a suspension for the uterus and also influence anteriorly the vagina, fallopian tubes and bladder and posteriorly, the colon. Poor posture and possible distortion of the pelvic girdle bones may affect the reproductive and digestive system proper functioning.
This exercise will help to :
- improve the blood circulation
- strengthen the pelvic floor muscles for the regulation of menstruation and better elimination
- have more enjoyable sex as you will have greater control over your vagina muscles.
Try to do this simple exercise daily:
1) Stand, sit, lie down or SQUAT! Squatting is the hardest position but it is the most effective.
To prevent using buttock and thighs instead of pelvic floor muscles, try to perform the exercises with your legs opened apart. You may practice it at home and try to put a finger in the vagina to check you are squeezing the correct muscles.
2) Breath into your abdomen by expanding your abdominal muscles as if you were filling a balloon; as you breath out, contract your abdominal muscles to flatten it. Repeat 3 times. Don’t contract it for more than 10seconds and allow 10minutes before exercising them again. The pelvic floor consist of fast-twich muscles which tire easily.
3) On your next inhalation, expand your abdomen while “pushing down” into your genitals, feeling the pelvic floor lowering down. As you exhale, pull up the pelvic floor. Repeat 3 times.
4) Lift and release your vagina muscles for 10 times quickly. Repeat it until you don’t feel warmth in your vagina. Don’t be discouraged if you struggle to feel these muscles for the first few attempts.
5) You may imagine to bring energy into your uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries as you inhale and squeeze the vaginal muscles. Feel a glowing warmth spread throughout the pelvis.
Try to Integrate these exercises into your daily life:
you can try pelvic circling, tilts or pelvic floor exercising while washing the dishes, brushing your teeth, or cooking
try to squat when you need to bend down
try to squat or sit on the medicinal ball when watching TV, chatting on the phone