BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS AND FERTILITY
Blood sugar affects the secretion of the female sex hormone progesterone which is necessary for procreation.
When Blood sugar levels rise too much, they cause a surge of Adrenalin, which, when in excess, blocks the release of progesterone.
So first of all, ask yourself: Are you eating regularly throughout the day?
HOW CAN YOU BALANCE YOUR BLOOD SUGAR NATURALLY?
Eat little portions every 2-3 hours
Eat protein and complex carbs at each meal
Use Coriander and Cinnamon essential oils to support the liver and pancreas, two important organs for balancing out those blood glucose levels
Eat food listed in the below infographic from Dr. Axe
A balanced BS level will help you to enjoy:
a more stable weight
relief from mood swing
increase energy levels
AVOID ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS
The most common artificial sweeteners are high fructose syrup and aspartame.
High fructose syrup can’t be metabolised by the liver, therefore it causes blood sugar levels to raise, increasing the risk of diabetes; It affects the pancreas that gets overused and may contribute to weight gain.
Where do we find it?
- Sweet cereals
- Muesli bars
- Ready-to-eat Soup and fruit juices
- Fizzy drinks usually contain high level of fructose syrup.
They are terrible for our health! To make the drink fizzy,
lots of salt needs to be added, therefore even more fructose
is needed to mask the salty taste.
We are already unknowingly exposed to it, especially if:
- living close to a factory which uses mercury as preservative for wheat seeds as this may contaminate the water supply
- some vaccinations contain mercury as preservative
- eating deep water fish (such as tuna, swordfish, shark, marlin) that swim closer to the Earth which naturally emits mercury
- taking cod liver oil supplement - that could have been extracted by deep water fishes
- amalgam dental fillings. White porcelain fillings are a safer alternative.
Aspartame used to be used for ulcer medication, nowadays it is widely found in our food because it can be advertised as “sugar free”. Our body can only take a limited amount of aspartame. When this exceed, it may cause symptoms of strokes!
Natural sweeteners are much healthier for us! Try to use agave syrup, honey and nectar syrup.
These type of food turn the PH of the blood really acidic so the body is forced to use the calcium in the bones to alkalise it and this may contribute to the development of osteoporosis. Fructose increase Uric Acid, thus increasing high blood pressure.